April 13 @ 11:30 am - 5:30 pm
Mark your calendar to donate on Monday, April 13 from 11:30 – 5:30 pm. Donors, age 16 and older, may call 1-800-733-2767 to make an appointment, walk-ins will not be allowed. Every unit of blood saves up to three lives. Be a hero! Your donation saves lives!
Did you know:
- Forty-two days: how long most donated red blood cells can be stored.
- Five days: how long most donated platelets can be stored.
- One year: how long frozen plasma can be stored.
- Much of today’s medical care depends on a steady supply of blood from healthy donors.
- Three pints: the average whole blood and red blood cell transfusion.
- Children being treated for cancer, premature infants and children having heart surgery need blood and platelets from donors of all types, especially type O.