August 31 @ 11:30 am - 5:30 pm
Mark your calendar to donate on Monday, August 31 from 11:30-5:30 pm. Donors, age 16 and older. If you wish to donate, there is a sign up sheet at the door of the Fellowship Hall.
There will be an additional blood drive on September 1 from 10—3. If you are already signed up for the 31st, but would rather switch to the 1st, please contact Carolyn Stovall (208) 871-1390. Signup sheets are in the main hallway across from the kitchen.
Did you know:
- Forty-two days: how long most donated red blood cells can be stored.
- Five days: how long most donated platelets can be stored.
- One year: how long frozen plasma can be stored.
- Much of today’s medical care depends on a steady supply of blood from healthy donors.
- Three pints: the average whole blood and red blood cell transfusion.
- Children being treated for cancer, premature infants and children having heart surgery need blood and platelets from donors of all types, especially type O.