January 13 @ 11:30 am - 5:30 pm
Mark your calendar to donate on Monday, January 13 from 11:30 – 5:30 pm. Donors, age 16 and older, may call Carolyn Stovall to make an appointment or you can sign up at the information desk. Every unit of blood saves up to three lives. Be a hero! Your donation saves lives!
Did you know:
- Forty-two days: how long most donated red blood cells can be stored.
- Five days: how long most donated platelets can be stored.
- One year: how long frozen plasma can be stored.
- Much of today’s medical care depends on a steady supply of blood from healthy donors.
- Three pints: the average whole blood and red blood cell transfusion.
- Children being treated for cancer, premature infants and children having heart surgery need blood and platelets from donors of all types, especially type O.